1872 - Tau Chapter is chartered at Penn State University
1912 - Tau Chapter is recolonized at PSU
1925 - Six lots comprising the entire block on Garner between Prospect and Hamilton avenues are purchased for the site of a future home for the Chapter.
1928 - Tau moves into a new shelter at 400 East Prospect Avenue (currently Sigma Chi).
1947 - Celebration of the 75th anniversary of the establishment of the original Tau Chapter. Attended by Arch Chapter members and several college officials.
1976 - Alpha Lambda Tau agrees to recolonize Tau at Penn State, adopting a new charter, and dropping their previous one.
1978 - Tau Chapter moves into its current residence at 429 East Hamilton Avenue. The house has 22 bedrooms with a capacity of 48 men
1980 - Fire destroys the third floor of the shelter and causes water and smoke damage throughout the rest of the house. The Greek and Penn State communities unite to help Tau rebuild.
1997 - Tau Chapter is able to pay off the rest of its mortgage. The house is now solely owned by the Brothers and alumni.
1999 - All new Chapter Room furniture and lamps are purchased. With the recent renovation of the downstairs hardwood floors, the Chapter Room and foyer are now fully furnished.
2001 - Alumni and undergrads celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original Alpha Lambda Tau brothers who reestablished Tau at Penn State.
Eugene Tarr Henry K. Bell John C. Johnson
John L.N. Hunt Jacob S. Lowe Richard H. Alfred
Alexander C. Earle William R. Cunningham